We hope you are pleased with the service you receive when you visit us.
Any comments about your stay in hospital or your treatment will be welcomed. These help us to identify where we are getting it right and where things can be improved for future patients.
Please be assured your care will not be affected adversely if you make a complaint. Let us know your comments as soon as possible and where necessary, we will do our best to put things right for you.
We also want to know what you think of our services generally, what your suggestions are for the future and when you are pleased by the efforts of our staff.
There are a number of ways you can do this.
Resolving a concern
- You can speak to a member of staff caring for you – this is usually the quickest way to resolve any problems
- You can contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service or PALS at email@example.com or by calling 0800 073 0510. PALS is here to support patients, relatives or carers when they have concerns or queries. Click here for more information about PALS.
Making a complaint
If we have not been able to resolve your concerns, you can make a formal complaint by:
- Writing to either the Complaints Department or Chief Executive at: Russells Hall Hospital, Dudley West Midlands, DY1 2HQ.
- Emailing the department directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling the Complaints Department on 01384 321035 where a member of the team will talk to you
- If you wish to obtain independent advice regarding your complaint, you have the option of contacting the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (POhWER) on:
Telephone – 0300 456 237
Email – email@example.com
Write to PohWER
PO Box 14043
Further information is available on their website www.pohwer.net
PALS can give you more information about the NHS Formal Complaints Procedure.
Sending us a compliment
We are always very happy to receive compliments about our services and we ensure the staff in question, and their managers, receive a copy so they know how much their hard work is appreciated.
You can write to either the PALS Department or Chief Executive at
Russells Hall Hospital,
You can email your compliment to PALS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about complaints, how to make one and the other options available to you, view the NHS Choices guide to complaints.