The following are a series of leaflets to help you prepare for your anaesthetic. Each has more detailed information for different types of operation or procedures you might be having. These were developed jointly by the Royal College of Anaesthetists (RCoA) and the Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland (AAGBI).
- You and your anaesthetic
- Anaesthesia explained
- Your spinal anaesthetic
- Epidural pain relief after surgery
- Anaesthetic choices for for hip or knee replacement
- Local anaesthesia for your eye operation
- Your anaesthetic for major surgery with planned high dependency care or intensive care afterwards
- Caring for someone who has had a general anaesthetic or sedation
Please click here to view leaflets that look at the main risks of anaesthetics.