The Dudley Group provides a free, friendly and confidential sexual health and contraception service. The Genito-Urinary Medicine department is dedicated to providing confidential screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections. Our contraception service provides contraception advice and methods.
Within the GU Medicine department at Russells Hall Hospital we offer a range of confidential services on a first come first served basis including:
- Free testing, advice and treatment for sexually transmitted infection
- Hepatitis B vaccinations for those who are, have been or will be, at risk
- HIV testing and specialist treatment
- PEPSE (post exposure prophylaxis following sexual exposure) to HIV counselling and testing for HIV infection for which results may be available on the same day
- Contraception including emergency contraception and free condoms
- Sexual health services for under 16s
- Specialist clinic for erectile dysfunction (GP referral required)
- Free pregnancy testing
Our community clinics offer a range of contraception services including:
- Contraception advice and provision
- Emergency contraception
- Contraceptive pills
- Depo injections
- IUS or IUD (coils)
- Pregnancy tests
- Cervical smears
- Chlamydia screening programme
- Referrals to sexual health clinic or other services were appropriate
Our staff are able to provide advice and treatment to people of all ages in a confidential manner. Each clinic runs both a drop in and appointment session.
Our sexual health clinics are for people of any age or gender, who are sexually active or starting or ending a relationship, exposed to infection, worried about sexually transmitted infections or have no symptoms but want peace of mind.
Russells Hall Hospital
|Morning clinic||Afternoon clinic|
|Doors open||Clinic starts||Doors close||Doors open||Clinic starts||Doors close|
Please note that we are not open on bank holidays.
All our clinics become very busy so if you have not booked an appointment we advise you arrive as early as possible.