Your Specialist Team and Single Point of Contact for Long Term Neurological Conditions including:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- and others
The Team includes:
- Parkinson’s Specialist Nurse
- Multiple Sclerosis Specialist Nurse
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech & Language Therapist
- Specialist Psychologist
- Specialist Pharmacist
- advice, information and education regarding the condition
- medication review and advice
- self-management programmes
- emotional and psychological support
- sign posting and referral to other professionals and services
- People aged over 18 years with long term neurological conditions who have a Dudley GP.
Where you will be seen:
- You will be offered an appointment in outpatients or at home depending on the needs assessed by the clinician.
Team working hours are Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 4:00pm except bank holidays. We are not an emergency service. Outside of these hours or in an emergency please contact your GP or NHS Direct.
How do we work?
When we have received your referral the team will allocate the most appropriate clinician to contact you for an assessment.
During the initial appointment for an assessment, you will be able to discuss any concerns and needs you may have. Your goals and treatment plans will be agreed with you. This may include referral to other members of the team/ other services if needed.
Your agreed goals will be reviewed and monitored through follow up appointments if necessary.
At the end of your treatment you will be discharged with an option of self-referral/referral from another clinician back to team as necessary.Dudley Rehabilitation Service The Stourbridge Health and Social Care Centre
John Corbett Drive
Phone/voicemail: 01384 323145
Fax: 01384 366674
Map and Directions: View Google Map
More information about long term neurological conditions can be found here.