Benefits & finance
- Care and Disability Advice Line (CADAL)
- Age Concern Information Services (People aged 65+)
- Citizens Advice Bureau (C.A.B) Advisor
- Blue Badge Scheme
Help for disability
- Care and Disability Advice Line
- Services for partially sighed people
- Services for people with hearing impairments
The Directorate of Adult, Community and Housing Services
The Directorate of Adult, Community and Housing Services has a duty to assess the needs of physically disabled children and adults. This is often carried out by an Occupational Therapist within the Disability Services Team.
Disability Support Team
The team works with younger (16-64 years) people with severe physical impairments. The team helps by providing improved care and health outcomes, individual choices and action plans for their clients. The team will help to address all aspects of a client’s life e.g. health, well-being, self esteem, independence, social, leisure and family life and overall quality of life. The team has built up strong networks with employment and educational services, voluntary and charitable groups as well as health and social care services.
Telephone: (01384) 323145
Queens Cross Network
The Network offers individual programmes to people who have physical or sensory disabilities or both. The building is fully accessible and offers development activities such as arts and crafts, relaxation, gardening, swimming, fishing, home-skills and cookery.
Telephone: (01384) 813460
Need more information regarding caring? Contact carer’s coordinator on (01384) 818723.
- Dudley Carers Network
- Carers Peace of Mind Emergency Care
- The Dudley Carer
- Caring With Confidence Training Course
- Carer Aware
- Carers Rights (information from NHS Choices)
- Crossroads Care Dudley
- Dudley Libraries support for carers
- Support for carers
The disability employment advisor (DEA) at your local job centre can provide you with the specialist support needed for disabled jobseekers or those who are already in work.