The orthodontic and dentofacial service centres around three main areas:
- Treatment of irregularities of the teeth
- Treatment of jaw disproportion
- Congenital deformities of the head
Joint clinics are held with other specialties including maxillofacial surgery.
The department does not undertake routine dental treatment such as fillings, denture work or the treatment of gum conditions.
The Trust has two orthodontic assistants supporting two specialist orthodontists, who are appropriately qualified and registered with the General Dental Council to treat all orthodontic conditions.
Minor problems are generally referred back to your dentist with a treatment plan.
Russells Hall Hospital
- Monday – Morning and afternoon
- Wednesday – Afternoon
- Thursday – Morning and afternoon