The Dudley Group Contraception & Sexual Health Service offers free and confidential advice and support for both women and men on a wide range of issues.
The community clinics offer a range of contraception services including:
- Contraception advice and provision
- Emergency contraception
- Contraceptive Pills
- Depo Injections
- IUS or IUD (coils)
- Pregnancy tests
- Chlamydia screening programme
- Referrals to sexual health clinic or other services were appropriate
Need emergency contraception? This is free at all our clinics
What are the three methods of emergency contraception?
- The IUD (intrauterine device or coil) is the most effective method and can be fitted up to five days after sex
- The emergency contraceptive pill Levonelle can be taken up to three days (72 hours) after sex
- The emergency contraceptive pill ellaOne can be taken up to five days (120 hours) after sex
Worried you may be pregnant?
- We can do a pregnancy test for you
- We can provide advice if you are unsure what to do about your pregnancy
- We can arrange for an appointment for you to discuss your pregnancy options
We can provide advice if you are unsure what to do about your pregnancy, but if you have decided on a termination and do not want to be seen by the nurse and wish to self-refer you can contact British Pregnancy Advisory Service on 03457 304030 for a pre termination appointment if you wish. And state that you wish to be seen at the Brierley Hill BPAS clinic.
If you are concerned you may have been infected with HIV within the past few weeks then it is best to have the full blood test for HIV at our Genito-Urinary Medicine (GUM) clinic, based at Russells Hall Hospital.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions about anything you are not sure about, we are here to help you.
- Under 25 chlamydia screening – self swab for females, urine for males. No examination required. (Chlamydia Screening program)
- If you have symptoms, are a contact of an infection, need treatment or require full sexual health testing you will need to attend our other site at Russells Hall Hospital GUM clinic.
Booked and walk in appointments are available for all aspects of contraception and advice. Please Note: To avoid disappointment we advise if you plan to walk in please call on the day. Walk in patients will be seen on a first come first served basis. Depending on availability you may not be seen at that time but will be offered an appointment for another day. Patients under 25 are welcome at all our clinics.
We do not discriminate regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.